A great day pack for those lighter days in the Outdoors
This pack is a vast improvement on the previous Flipside packs, where we had limited storage for anything but camera equipment.
- A top compartment which can take a Rain Jacket, Torch, Gloves, and even Waterproof trousers.
- Two zipped pockets on both sides of the waist belt.
- Two Bottle Holder pockets on both sides of the back.
- The (AW), the All-Weather cover is now at the top of the back, instead of the bottom, as it was previous incarnations of the Flipside.
- It represents good value for money, making the pack a good compromise, for outdoor photographers on a budget.
- Two of the dividers have internal Velcro pockets, ideal for an Action Camera, or batteries etc.
- More obviously, you can flip the pack around to access the camera compartment – sparing the pack a dunking in mud, or water.
- It’s a nice colour, with one little caveat, it’s damn hard to see in low light, but there is a reflective strip on the back.
- The nylon material is quite thin and doesn’t claim to be either water resistant, or tear resistant.
- The bottom needs to be made of stronger, more water resistant material.
- The Tablet Storage compartment should be made waterproof, or at least water resistant. Especially so, as it is in a vulnerable position at the front of the pack.
- It could do with more generous padding on the waist belt and shoulder straps.
- I won’t be using it with a normal medium telescopic tripod. At a push, a Manfrotto BeFree or similar would be fine, but any tripod heavier than 2 Kilogrammes, would be a no-no for me.
There are two straps on the side, plus water bottle holders on both sides of the pack.
The top compartment is roomy with a 50/50 split between the camera compartment, and the top compartment. The bottom of the top compartment can be removed to make one interior compartment. There is a mesh pocket, with a key clip here.
The front compartment has a suspended Tablet compartment which can take a 10-inch tablet. There’s also a small zippered compartment here, and more room for storage at the very front, and a small attachment loop at the top of the compartment.
The Camera compartment is showing just two inserts but there are five spares, so there’s seven in all. Two of these inserts have internal pockets, which would allow for storage of a GoPro, or similar. There are two memory card compartments as well on the door flap.
The All Weather (AW) is stored at the top of the pack, to the rear.
The little extras
Glove-friendly zip pulls on the camera compartment are a bonus.
Overall I’m impressed with this pack. It represents good value for money, for those on a tight budget.
Buy on eBay UK
Buy on eBay USA