The best photography pouch I’ve owned
The Range Pouch is:
- Easy to pack — the pouch has a low profile design that lays flat when empty.
- Tough — is made of 400D Nylon with a DWR (Durable Water Repellant) finish.
- Very Tough — reinforced stress points using Hypalon, and reinforced padding and bar-tacked stitching to minimise wear.
- Flexible — The top portion of the pouch compartment is made of stretchable fabric, to accommodate different sized objects. This also makes inserting and removing an object easy.
- Accommodating — the opening flap hook and loop system can be pulled down to almost the bottom of the pouch ensuring a snug fit with smaller items.
- Quiet — unidirectional loop Hook and Loop system, which allows for the quieter opening of the opening flap.
- Easy to fit — Hook and Loop belt system which does not require you to remove your trouser belt to fit, or remove the pouch.
- Compatible — two rear anchor points for securing a Peak Design strap.
- Identifiable — semi-transparent mesh with two plastic name labels allowing for 4 different names to be shown to indicate pouch contents, for example.
- Protective — a soft cotton twill interior lining which can be p
ulleddown to act as a divider when carrying two lensesfor instance.
- Convenient — a front internal pocket for storing low profile items like lens caps or filters for example. And a rear carry strap.
- Covering all bases — Comes in three sizes: Small, Medium & Large.
Small: Holds 4.8” max height, 3.4” max diameter.
Medium: Holds 6.8” max height, 4.1” max diameter
Large: Holds 9.3” max height, 4.6” max diameter.
To replace the Lens Capture I bought the Range Pouch in medium and large for carrying my lenses.
When I started wearing the large Range Pouch on my trouser belt – I knew I was onto a winner. It just felt right. It easily carries my 70-300mm lens with room for another prime manual lens a 15mm/21mm for instance. And with my 24-70mm zoom on my camera; I can cover most focal ranges I need for landscape photography.
Another big selling point is the Range Pouch it sits low profile sits well on your belt when the pouch is empty a
With the large pouch, I can quite easily fit my 70-300mm zoom lens