The best photography pouch I’ve owned
The Range Pouch is:
- Easy to pack — the pouch has a low profile design that lays flat when empty.
- Tough — is made of 400D Nylon with a DWR (Durable Water Repellant) finish.
- Very Tough — reinforced stress points using Hypalon, and reinforced padding and bar-tacked stitching to minimise wear.
- Flexible — The top portion of the pouch compartment is made of stretchable fabric, to accommodate different sized objects. This also makes inserting and removing an object easy.
- Accommodating — the opening flap hook and loop system can be pulled down to almost the bottom of the pouch ensuring a snug fit with smaller items.
- Quiet — unidirectional loop Hook and Loop system, which allows for the quieter opening of the opening flap.
- Easy to fit — Hook and Loop belt system which does not require you to remove your trouser belt to fit, or remove the pouch.
- Compatible — two rear anchor points for securing a Peak Design strap.
- Identifiable — semi-transparent mesh with two plastic name labels allowing for 4 different names to be shown to indicate pouch contents, for example.
- Protective — a soft cotton twill interior lining which can be pulled down to act as a divider when carrying two
- Convenient — a front internal pocket for storing low profile items like lens caps or filters for example. And a rear carry strap.
- Covering all bases — Comes in three sizes: Small, Medium & Large.
Small: Holds 4.8” max height, 3.4” max diameter.
Medium: Holds 6.8” max height, 4.1” max diameter
Large: Holds 9.3” max height, 4.6” max diameter.
When I started wearing the large Range Pouch on my trouser belt – I knew I was onto a winner. It just felt right. It easily carries my 70-300mm lens with room for another prime manual lens a 15mm/21mm for instance. And with my 24-70mm zoom on my camera; I can cover most focal ranges I need for landscape photography.
To replace the Lens Capture I bought the Range Pouch in medium and large for carrying my lenses.
Another big selling point is the Range Pouch it sits low profile sits well on your belt when the pouch is empty and it packs well in your bag.
With the large pouch, I can quite easily fit my 70-300mm zoom lens